Also included: lifetime support
Our most searched for manuals
Click to download
Click to download
Search for manuals
Frequently asked questions
Click on a question to reveal the answer
Lift Emergency Telephones
- I am getting a bad reception for GSM with the lift telephone, but on my mobile phone the signal is fine. Why?
- Try switching your mobile phone from 4G to only 2G and see if there’s still a difference. If you’re getting bad signals on your mobile phone after switching, you might need a 4G VoLTE board. Contact technical support for more information.
- Why does the line hang up every time I try dialing?
- Check what identification protocol is being used when calling an emergency operator. Please see the lift telephone’s manual to change this setting.
- The telephone won’t connect me through, why?
- If you’re using a GSM unit and have a prepaid SIM card, check if there are enough funds on the card. If the unit does not use a prepaid SIM card, call your operator to make sure that speech is activated on the SIM card.
- Why can’t I switch from GSM to PSTN?
- When switching to using PSTN as the main form of communication, make sure that the GSM card is not still inside the unit before attempting to switch communication.
- When I switch from GSM to PSTN, PSTN stops working – why?
- Check that the GSM interface board is not still installed on the main board. This needs to be removed for PSTN to function.
- Why does the telephone beep every 5 seconds?
- This is to notify passengers of an ongoing call (anti-eavesdropping), a normal procedure.
- There is GSM noise heard when calling – why?
- This is probably due to the antenna’s positioning. Change the antenna position during a call until you find the optimal position. Do not install the antenna near the main unit or close to the cabling.
- How do I get supply voltage from SL6 to GL1?
- You connect the supply voltage from +D1/D6 on the SL6 to –D5 on the GL1. Please see the SafeLine SL6 manual for more information.
- Why doesn’t the alarm button work from input 1 or 2 on the SL6?
- Check the configuration of input 1 or 2. Input 1 is pre-set as alarm button and input is pre-set for fire alarm.
- The pictogram LED’s are flashing quickly and simultaneously – why?
- The address switch is either set to an invalid number: 0, 7, 8 or 9 (valid numbers are 1–6), or the address switch setting has been changed during operation. Change the address switch to a valid number.
- Why does it say I need a password to configure through LYNX?
- When starting a unit, you have 10 minutes to begin configuration before the unit request a password. If you have passed this limit, simply restart the unit and begin configuration. The same procedure applies if you’ve forgotten the password.
- Where can I find the SafeLine LYNX app?
- You can find it in the Apple App Store and in Google Play by searching “SafeLine LYNX”.
- Where can I find software for products?
- You’ll find most software for products under the respective product page or right here on the Support page. Contact your local technical support for more information.
- I only have the quick guide, but I need the full manual. Where do I find it?
- You’ll find manuals under the respective product page under “product files” or directly in the SafeLine LYNX app under each product.
Product guides & news
Explore our product guides and news.
How to troubleshoot when pictograms are flashing💡
The SafeLiner's guide to the future of lift safety 📖
GUIDE: easily access manuals in LYNX
GUIDE: Save your configurations locally in the LYNX app
GUIDE: how to perform firmware updates for SafeLine SL6/GL6
Watch now: Tomorrow’s lift safety today – a SafeLine webinar on 4G VoLTE
5 ways to modernise your lift safety in minutes
GUIDE: Get started with the LYNX app
Contact us and get free professional help putting together your system.
There are a lot of questions that need to be answered before deciding what lift safety system to acquire. What are the building’s conditions? Does the system meet all of the European regulations? We can help you answer all of these questions. 20 years in the independent lift safety equipment business has taught us a thing or two. It doesn’t matter if you’re a consultant, a property owner or a lift installer – you are always welcome to contact us and get your questions answered. When contacting us you will get a response as quickly as possible and we will help you put together a package that is suited just for your project. Completely free of charge, of course.
Warranty & service
Most of the problems clients have with our products come from misunderstandings and are easily fixed. If you are one of the unlucky few (0,09 %) that are experiencing issues with your product and want to use your warranty however – follow the steps below and we will help you.
1. Call your local support team – they will guide you through a troubleshooting of the product and check if the problem is easily fixed.
2. If the problem persists – fill in the service form which can be downloaded here. A detailed description of the fault must be given in the form. It is also in this step important to get the contact information correct, so we can notify you when we have recieved the product.
3. Send the product to your local distributor. They will then send the product to us for service and you will receive a confirmation email when we have received your product.
4. Our technical experts repair your product. If you have a warranty this step is of course completely free of charge. If not, our prices for repairs are always fixed, so you may know the price before sending your unit to us. If the damages to the product are too severe for repairing you can always buy an exchange product at a reduced cost.
Click the button below to download our service form.Download
SafeLine accepts only returns which are accompanied by a completed Service form or a simular serviceform from buyer. If the product has been purchased from one of our distributors the buyer must first contact the distributor concerned in each country for assistance.
All returns must be sent well packed.
SafeLine Group UK
Unit 47 Acorn Industrial Park
Crayford, Kent, DA1 4AL